This Is My South: The Essential Guide to the Southern States, Globe Pequot Press 2018
You may think you know the South for its food, its people, its past, and its stories, but if there’s one thing that’s certain, it’s that the region tells far more than one tale. It is ever-evolving, open to interpretation, steeped in history and tradition, yet defined differently based on who you ask.
This Is My South inspires the reader to explore the Southern States––Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia––like never before. No other guide pulls together these states into one book in quite this way with a fresh perspective on can’t-miss landmarks, off the beaten path gems, tours for every interest, unique places to sleep, and classic restaurants. So come see for yourself and create your own experiences along the way!
The book won bronze in the Society of American Travel Writers’ Lowell Thomas Awards.
Praise for the book:
- “This is a great reference book for travel planning. Good mix of known landmarks and off the beaten path adventures.“ – Nick
- “The book provides lots of options for different regions without overwhelming the reader. We also enjoyed the off the beaten path recommendations for those times when you want to see something a little different.” – Brady
- “We were so pleasantly surprised by Caroline’s book, as it is so much more than just a guidebook of things to see and do and a bunch of maps. It is interlaced with bits of history to give each place some context, and one of my favorite sections of every chapter is the Top 15 Things to Taste in the state. “ – Mike
- “Caroline was on the money sharing the best of the South PLUS the hidden gems you are likely to miss without tons of research.” – Lesli
- “We are transplants from Southern California and have found this guide is well written and providing us the BEST resource we have found to date!” – Maureen